The Nutrition and Foods Programs prepare students to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of how the scientific method is used to evaluate diet and foods.
- Apply nutritional concepts in the planning of meals and the preparation of food.
- Explain nutrient needs and how diet and lifestyle choices impact health.
- Differentiate between proper and improper food safety and sanitation techniques.
- Determine the correct preparation methods and assess the quality of a wide variety of foods.
- Develop foundational knowledge and skills needed to pursue post-secondary degrees in nutrition and dietetics or to gain entry-level positions in nutrition and foods.
Contact a STEM Counselor for personalized guidance on the best path that meets your goals and needs for a career in nutrition, foods, and dietetics.
Meet the Nutrition and Foods Faculty
Join the Nutrition Club
5 Reasons to Join Nutrition Club!
- Explore career options when active professionals in the field of nutrition and foods speak at our bi-monthly meetings.
- Build community with like-minded peers who can become your study buddies or even your closest friends.
- Develop leadership skills by volunteering for officer positions.
- Expand your network with peers, mentors, and active professionals who may offer connections to helpful resources or career and academic guidance.
- Participate in campus events and other service experiences in the community.
Co-Advisors: Kristy Richardson & Michelle Loy
Membership dues: $5/semester
September 2021 Nutrition Club Meeting
Interested in a career in nutrition counseling specializing in weight management, diabetes prevention, diabetes, and/or sports nutrition? Julie Vuksic, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics & Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist will share all about her career path and what led to her current role with Teladoc Health where she is able to work remotely while supporting clients all over the country with reaching their health and nutrition goals! Please see the registration information below.
Virtual Nutrition Club Meeting
When: Tuesday, September 28th 12-1 PM
Speaker: Julie Vuksic, RDN, CSSD, CDCES, CCP
Register in advance for this meeting:
Interested in a Career in Nutrition and Dietetics?
Watch this video from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics to learn about the various career options in the field of nutrition and dietetics.